Taxonomy/Author Archive Layout Injector
What’s a Taxonomy you ask? Well let me tell you!! A taxonomy is what WordPress calls your tags and categories. When you categorise content and then view the page containing those items you will see maybe ten on a page with a next/previous button at the bottom. The layout is awful and not configurable…until now! This plugin features a number of custom Divi modules that allow you to make your own archive template in the Divi Library (it’s really easy! NO coding knowledge required!) then just ‘assign’ it ONCE in the settings page and you’re done.
It does SOOOOO much more than that too. Read on for more info or watch the video for a basic walkthrough…
Taxonomy Layout Injector allows you to edit the layout of the Category, Tag and any other registered taxonomy including those registered by nearly any other plugin, In addition it will change the layout of the Author pages. Divi/Extra, by default, do not allow any configuration at all on taxonomy archive/author pages. You are given a list of items and a fixed sidebar with no styling or layout capability. You can use a child theme but then you have to code and even then it can take a long time to achieve the desired result.
This plugin allows you to create a layout using the Divi library in any column/row format and using any modules you see fit. Add a couple of new modules created for this plugin and use their settings to make your taxonomy archive pages and author pages really stand out. In short this plugin adds a number of custom modules to the Divi Builder and a settings page to link the two together. You have the freedom of the Divi Page Builder which we all know and love to construct a layout to suit your needs.
– Install and Activate the plugin
– Visit the ‘Divi Library’ page on the back end of your website
– Click add new (towards the top of the page) and choose ‘layout’ from the little popup. Give it a memorable name (this is for reference only and is never used elsewhere)
– Use the page builder to create your layout and save it. Make sure to use the Taxonomy Loop Archive, Taxonomy Archive, Taxonomy Essential Grid Archive in conjunction with any of the built in Divi modules or custom modules that come with this plugin to integrate the loop properly
– Visit the settings page for the plugin and simply choose the layout you just created from the dropdown boxes next to the type of taxonomy you want to style (category, tag, project category etc…)
– If you want to override the default Injector layout on a per taxonomy term/item/author basis then you will find several options to do so on the settings page.
Each time you want to make a change to the layout just visit the Divi Library page and edit your layout as before. No need to relink or anything else. This really is a set and forget plugin.
- Taxonomy Title. Adds the name of the taxonomy term (category, tag or author name essentially)
- Taxonomy Archive (Basic). Similar to the blog module that comes with Divi. Just include this and choose your settings as normal. As a bonus you can choose the image size and the layout type (a new layout type called ‘List’ is provided which looks really good as per the screenshots included adjacent)
- Taxonomy Essential Grid Archive. If you use the essential grid plugin then you can use it to power your archive pages uses this handy module
- Taxonomy Loop Archive. This is by far the most powerful module you’ll see for archive layouts. Simply create a layout for the archive page and another layout for the archive items and it does the rest. Using this module you can display your content in truly any format.. list/grid, include other plugins, images, custom fields etc..
- User Avatar. This will take the author avatar of the page and show the image. Module includes size and animation options also
- Post Title
- Post Content
- Featured Image
Adding the new modules to a normal page builder page are unlikely to work. The modules are designed for use on an archive page only via the Divi library. Please contact us if you are unsure about this or have a problem setting things up.
For any support issues, please visit this link http://docs.tortoise-it.co.uk/
You may also like
Checkout the documentation first and if you still need help open a
Please scroll down for the support form
This theme, layout or plugin is comprised of two parts.
1. The PHP code and integrated HTML are licensed under the General Public
License (GPL). You will find a copy of the GPL in the same directory as this
2. All other parts, including but not limited to the CSS code, images and design are
copyrighted by the vendor concerned and are NOT licensed under GPL.
This license allows the item to be used in projects for either personal or commercial use by you or on behalf of a client. The item cannot be offered for resale either on its own, in part, or as part of a larger project including that being part of a hosting offer. Distribution of source files is not permitted.
*Support is provided by vendors directly.
Please login to access the support form. you can do so here
Follow us on Instagram
Free Treats for Smart Divi Foxes 🦊
We give you free Divi Theme Layout Packs, cheat sheets, exclusive offers and much more. 100% free and no strings attached - promised!