CPT Layout Injector
**********Fully Compatible with the Visual Builder & Gutenberg**********
Watch the video for an explanation of what the plugin does and what can be achieved. Think of this as a must have Divi Layout/Template Manager for blog posts, pages and other custom post types. This plugin is a MUST HAVE for any site.
The CPT Layout Injector plugin is designed to allow you to set up centralised and custom layouts for any Custom Post Type within WordPress, basically, make a template for each of your post types – including straight up WordPress posts. Much like the popular Woo Layout Injector plugin, you can use the Divi Library to set up different layouts. Making use of many new custom Divi Builder Modules designed for this plugin you can set up archives (featuring a new List layout along with Grid and Full width, much like the standard ‘blog’ module) and single page templates in minutes without the need to do any coding at all. You can even have a layout per category that your posts belong to if you like so one layout for those posts in category 1 but another for category 2 etc. It’s INCREDIBLY VERSATILE!
Although this is designed for Custom Post Types, I often use it for blog pages and blog archives using the inbuilt ‘posts’ Post Type. Although the Divi Builder can be used for posts I don’t feel that it’s generally necessary to do so. A lot of sites demand consistency across blogs and news pages and so, using this plugin, you can easily configure the standard layout of your posts, pages and CPT. You can see this in action on elegantmarketplace.com whereby this plugin is used on the blog archive page and also individual blog posts.
NOTE: For post types where the Divi Builder is active, the CPT Injector layout will only be used for posts where the builder has not been used. This gives you the flexibility to have a nice consistent and stylish looking blog/news page but with the builder used on some pieces of content where necessary… great eh!!
- Install and Activate the plugin
- Visit the ‘Divi Library’ page on the back end of your website
- Click add new (towards the top of the page) and choose ‘layout’ from the little popup (NOT Global). Give it a memorable name (this is for reference only and is never used elsewhere)
- Use the page builder to create your layout using the modules provided and save it
- Visit the settings page for the plugin and simply choose the new layout from the dropdown for the appropriate Custom Post Type
- Repeat steps 2-5 for the archive page (the page where you see more than one item together)
Each time you want to make a change to the layout just visit the Divi Library page and edit your layout as before. No need to relink or anything else. This really is a set and forget plugin!
- Title. Adds the name of the post type item along with any meta information such as author, comment count, categories and the post date.
- Content. Shows the content from the post type item
- Featured Image. Self explanatory.
- Post Nav. This shows the next/prev navigation to move between your post type items where required
- CPT Archive. This is much like the ‘blog’ module that comes with Divi/Extra but with a couple of neat additions. Post type selection, a List style layout and image size selection
- CPT Loop Archive. This is a special module designed to use a layout within a layout. You simply create an archive layout and a loop item layout. The loop item can contain any other modules or layouts as you see fit and will be repeated for each item forming a neat archive page in any layout you like. As seen on my popular Woo Layout Injector plugin. Works brilliantly with my ACF plugin to show detailed information about your content.
- Taxonomy. This will allow you to show a list of taxonomy items attached.. (eg.. a list of categories or tags for instance)
- Author Bio. Introducing the author bio module.. this contains biographical information, the avatar, social media and website address as well as a selection of styling options to make this feature really sing!
All modules feature styling controls via the Advanced Design Settings page within the Divi Builder
For any support issues, please visit this link http://docs.tortoise-it.co.uk/
- Added taxonomy module for the Divi Builder
- Added postnav module for next/prev navigation on post type items
- Added meta, author, comment and category settings to the CPT Post Title module for greater ease of use and flexibility
- Fixed taxonomy module issues
- Reversed options in title module for usability
- Added author bio module
- Added support for the 'Events Manager' plugin in the loop archive module
- Added better support for the 'page' post type
V3.0 - 3/2/17
- Added text colour and alignment options to title and content modules
- added licensing and automatic updates
- improved settings page by adding helpful links when no layouts are present
- improved settings page by removing prebuilt layouts from the various layout dropdowns
- Loop Archive module, hide grid columns option when list mode selected
V3.1 - 15/2/17
- Added Meta Query options to Loop Archive Module
V3.2 - 22/2/17
- Added option to hide module if no results in loop archive
- Added more meta query options to loop archive
- Added title option to loop archive
V3.3 - 5/6/17
- Fixed default date in title module
- Fixed compatibility with 'subtitles' plugin. Disallowed superfluous html in the featured image within the archive module
V3.4 - 17/8/17
- Updated single function output for supporting third party plugins (adding the 'the_content' filter on output)
V3.5 - 13/9/17
- Updated modules to use the new toggle layouts. This means that the background selection won't be the first field you see.
- Removed ET prefix from CPT modules for clarity
- Added sort/order options to the loop archive module for added flexibility
- Added support for the WP 'posts page' functionaliy meaning that widgets such as 'recent posts' and 'calendar' will work and point to the correct page
- Fixed notice related to 'show_categories'
- Fixed a few layout issues with the "CPT Archive" module. Added more options for grid columns etc also
V 3.6 - 22/9/17
- Fixed issue with additional P tags being added superfluously
V 3.7 - 01/11/17
- Fixed issue with auto update
V 3.8 - 06/11/17
- Added ability to edit the HTML title tag for CPT archives
V 3.9 - 19/11/17
- Fixed bullet point CSS
- Added better recognition of post types using get_query_var and not get_post_type which seems wrong at times
V 4.0 - 20/12/17
- Added handy click to edit links on the settings page for selected layouts
- Added order by settings to the CPT Archive module
- Added menu_order to order by settings in the CPT Loop Archive module
- Fixed false positive when on taxonomy archive pages which caused some issues!
- Added custom css options to CPT Title module. Renamed text in design settings to meta for clarity
- Moved to builder_ready for custom modules
V 4.1 - 09/02/18
- Added prefix and suffix to the taxonomy module along with styling options
- Added class="entry-content" to the main container to maintain styling of the page
V 4.2 - 21/02/18
- Added meta operator field to the loop archive module and archive module
- Added multiple taxonomy filtering to the archive module (previously only supported one at a time)
- Added plugin page action links for support, settings etc..
- Reordered the settings page a bit to make some of the settings more clear and added a link to the Divi Builder Settings plugin (free) to control the Divi Builder per post type
V 4.3 - 26/02/18
- Fixed Taxonomy Filtering in the archive module
- Added new major feature! You can template single CPT items by the taxonomy they belong to. So instead of having one template for all single items you can have one for category 1 and another for category 2 etc..
V 4.4 - 29/02/18
- Fixed PHP Notice
- Added new Read More module for when you want to show a read more button but without any excerpt or content
- Removed some of the CPT modules from the main Divi Builder so now they show ONLY when adding a layout, section, row etc in the Divi Library
V 4.5 - 20/04/18
- Added fix for toolset shortcodes
- Added ability to place a shortcode anywhere in a divi module and it be parsed
V 4.6 - 06/08/18
- Added fix for certain templates not being picked up with the latest WP/Divi
V 4.7 - 08/10/18
- Renamed module functions for latest Divi version
- Fixed possible memory leak within the content module
V 4.8 - 03/04/19
- Added support for CPTonomies plugin
- Fixed post type selection giving incorrect templates
- Various snags fixed from suppor requests
V 4.9 - 17/04/19
- Visual Builder Support (yay!)
V4.9.1 - 11/07/19
- Bug fix version. Missing style.css
Checkout the documentation first and if you still need help open a
Please scroll down for the support form
This theme, layout or plugin is comprised of two parts.
1. The PHP code and integrated HTML are licensed under the General Public
License (GPL). You will find a copy of the GPL in the same directory as this
2. All other parts, including but not limited to the CSS code, images and design are
copyrighted by the vendor concerned and are NOT licensed under GPL.
This license allows the item to be used in projects for either personal or commercial use by you or on behalf of a client. The item cannot be offered for resale either on its own, in part, or as part of a larger project including that being part of a hosting offer. Distribution of source files is not permitted.
*Support is provided by vendors directly.
Please login to access the support form. you can do so here
Follow us on Instagram
Free Treats for Smart Divi Foxes 🦊
We give you free Divi Theme Layout Packs, cheat sheets, exclusive offers and much more. 100% free and no strings attached - promised!